Movie Review:The Book Thief

It's brilliant.Pure genius!
Astounding.Magnificent! Marvelous.


Being an avid reader on my own,I relate to the story deeply.I squawked in disbelief when they burned those godforsaken books,anger coloring my brain.
Books! Burned! Can you BELIEVE that?!
It's unacceptable!

It reminded me of the books we own at home which I treat like my lifeline of sanity and I wanted to rage at the absurdity of it all. 
Stupid bloody people burnin' freakin' books.
But then,it was during the freakin' Hitler time.Thank God he's dead else book lovers all around the globe would've spiked him on a stick and burn him like the witch(?) he is.Was it the beginning of the Holocaust? I couldn't remember.


Sophie Nelisse played Lieser Meminger,the main character in the movie.She's beautiful.Of course,I will also try to find the book version.
It would be interesting to see things Death's way.


Nico Liersch played Rudy Steiner,Lieser's best friend who loved her.And he's also beautiful.My God,these kids are all beautiful! *sigh*
I feel old.
LOL

Ben Schnetzer played Max Vandenburg,a surviving Jew living under the protection of Hans and Rosa Hubermann's(Lieser's adopted parents) basement.
All I can say is that how glad I was Lieser at least had him till the end.

Now I am very intrigued about this particular Markus Zusak's creation.I hope someday I'll get the opportunity to read it.Maybe even own a copy.

All in all,it was a brilliant success.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

26 and still alive. who knew?

Healing and re-healing and more fucking healing.

"Toukan Koukan" ; Exchange of equal value