A day before Midterm

Midterm is starting.
I'm still at college and my bus ticket is tonight so I'm taking it easy after this week's rush.
Roomie is already packing up as I type in these words, empty tupperware smelling of instant noodle beside me and a half-empty mug of coffee slowly turning lukewarm on the other side.



Since midterm's only a week, I'm not bringing home anything much other than clothes and books. Maybe the smaller luggage so I could leave it at home to make packing at the end of finals easier.

It's been a little after 2 months since I've gone home.
I miss my family.

Thunder is just roaring outside as I glance out the window every so often. Our view overlooks the cafe and the 5th block with a fair share of the trees surrounding at the back of aforementioned block. I think there's a picture of it in my IG somewhere...

[This one.]

It's 3 p.m but the cloud's not letting up. It's gonna be raining soon.

This predicament is strangely soothing to me, hearing roomie dashing about as she packs up (her ticket is also tonight but we're not on the same bus) and sipping my coffee, watching some Jacksepticeye and Markiplier videos. I'm downloading Cheer Danshi! on the side, so that too. 

Sports anime is the rage nowadays since Yuri On Ice!!!.
Seriously, that anime cannot be any gayer as each episode progresses. LOL

It's probably the weather.
The whole drinking hot (or lukewarm as it is) beverage on a rainy (or colder than average sunny) day thing. It's basically my favorite atmosphere. It could be improved with the presence of annoying, sleeping little siblings and the sight of my books lined neatly (or not) on the shelves, but the premise is enough. This is happiness for me.

I should be packing up soon, but I'd probably procrastinate about it till nightfall.
I normally don't take longer than an hour anyway.

Let me just savor this brief happiness for a while.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

26 and still alive. who knew?

Healing and re-healing and more fucking healing.

"Toukan Koukan" ; Exchange of equal value