Start of 3rd term

It's the start of my 3rd semester in PALAM.
I'm taking third language as elective this sem and my choices are either Japanese or German. I originally intended for French because baby brother have it for a subject in highschool and I thought maybe if I learn it too, we could practice together. It sounds fun.
But then, the beginner tutorials doesn't look as easy as it sounds so I chickened out.

Maybe I'll just have him teach me, haha.

It's the middle of the first week and we've already gone through some of the introductory sessions for the classes. I'm so glad that we have our Lit lecturer from our first semester for our Lit for Children and Y/A class. I really admire her. I enjoy her classes and her assignments are always fun and challenging. Sort of reminds me of Madam Adzurae a little bit. Hehe

Plus, we have two Literature class this sem! Wowie! xDD
The lecturer for Lit & Media is fun too and his tasks are as easygoing as they are stimulating.
I was kinda bored in the first class though because when he told us to create a character (be it the protagonist or the antagonist) with their characterization and characteristics, the other groups just went on described their perfect ideal man (we're a class of all girls).
It was boring.

They described the perfect specimen of human being that is flawless in creation and faultless in personality and that is the most boring thing I have ever heard in my life, to be honest.
Because what they described was a lie.
It's not human.
And how is that supposed to be a character of a story?
Nobody would ever relate. We couldn't.
It wouldn't be a story for a human, now would it?

Personally, I wouldn't stick around.
Pardon my insolence.

Anyway, I'm about to rant about the same freakin thing I have repeated myself over the years that just won't go away every time a male tries to "compliment" me. 
I say male because it insinuates a chemical effect indicating "flirtation" because while I do hear the same thing from a female, it doesn't have the same underlying intention.
So here we go.

"You're so different. You're not like the other girls."
"That's cute."

Okay, hold up. What's wrong with the "other girls"? They're completely fine to me.
So what if they like make-ups and I don't?
So what if they like to talk about shoes and fashion trends and hot guys and I don't?
So what they like sappy dramas or romantic comedies?
So what?
It's perfectly okay because they can like what they like and I can like what I like and nobody's got a problem with that. Why you gotta put up with stereotypic bullshit like that?
I don't mind being who I am and they don't mind being who they are.
I am not "different".
I'm just me.

Don't you think I've heard that line my whole fucking life?
"Oh you're so different"
"You are different"
"You are not like the others"
"You're......different"

WOW THANKS I KNOW RIGHT APPARENTLY THERE'S JUST ONE ME IN THIS WHOLE UNIVERSE WHAT A SHOCK IT'S BECAUSE I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ISN'T IT
OH YOU MEAN THE WHOLE ANIME-OBSESSED THING HAHA YEAH I KNOW LOL


Give me a fucking break, sweet Lord.

Look, I know it sounds like I'm an arrogant motherfucking bitch. But when you've heard the same shit over and over and over again since you were practically 8 you'd think what you hear isn't really what it is. I am not "different". I'm just me. Me.
A person who likes what she likes.
Who cares about the small circle of friends that she has.
Who has a fucked up mind and a habit that rivals a druggie.
Who would throw money at books even when she doesn't have it.
Who is offensive about 90% of the time and doesn't even apologize for it.
Who bottles up her insecurity until she implodes.
I am just a person. With flaws and emotions and pros and cons and a soul.

Don't give me that shit when it's just the stereotype talking.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

26 and still alive. who knew?

Healing and re-healing and more fucking healing.

"Toukan Koukan" ; Exchange of equal value