We'll Miss You, Char Char

Char Char had to be put down today. Beloved said it was because of kidney failure and heart failure, and the vet makes it obvious he wouldn't be able to make it through the night. It's Sunday so no vet around their area is open and he had to drive 4.5 hours back and forth for him. 


I hadn't known Char Char for long. I only knew him for as long as I knew beloved, and that was for mere 6 months and 2 weeks. But as for a feline lover as I am, cats have a special place in my heart. 
I have as much pictures of Char Char and Tezca as I do of him.


When I woke up to his texts about Char Char's condition, my heart thumped heavily in my chest. I'm currently at Mya's place, after coming to visit her for her last stage performance two nights ago and ended up staying for the weekends, but I wanted to make this post to remember the date. 
I wasn't there when Bocco passed. I wish I could have remembered the date or how he passed, but I wasn't. I was in college and only knew he was no longer around when I came home for the breaks and was told Bocco is gone.


I'm usually made fun of for crying or grieving over cats' death. Hell I try to swallow tears when I see corpses on the street. It seemed satirical because I wasn't crying over humans' passing. 


Beloved says he's okay, that he's sad, but he's generally okay. I don't know if it'll hit him later or he is really okay, but if anything else, I am grieving. 


It's been a good run with you, Char Char. You had a good life. You were loved.
Sleep now.


We'll remember you.


Love, 
Yours Truly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

26 and still alive. who knew?

Healing and re-healing and more fucking healing.

"Toukan Koukan" ; Exchange of equal value