Oushitsu Kyoushitsu Heine, Royal Tutor's Obsession


I've actually watched this anime twice in the past few months and tonight is my 3rd time rewatching it. For some reason, I just love this anime lol
It isn't like Haikyuu or Yuri On Ice where they specify or subtly imply the shipping game, it is a wholesome anime of friendship and teacher-student relationship. Though to be fair, I may have been indulging a lot of the latter lately, what with also rewatching Gokusen season 1 and season 2...

Although there IS a subtle implication that there COULD be more than meets the eye if pushed, but it's very very small and common, unlike the ones shown in Haikyuu where it's plain to obvious to people who have more than decent analyzing skills.
It could also be that I have a plain soft spot for main characters with Heine's personality...
My favorite type of personality for main characters, to be honest.


I loved the first time I watched it, but I feel as if I didn't pay enough thought to how the dynamics are neatly displayed to perfectly balance the difference between admiration of a superior intellect and a romantic crush, respect of an indebted companionship and a personal friendship, professional contract of give-and-take and personal interests, etc etc etc.
Supposedly many anime fails to find this balance which results in frustration, fanon beliefs, and such. Yet Oushitsu Kyoushitsu Heine (in short, Royal Tutor) finds and magnificently plays along this balance so good that there is no frustration to be found within the character's dynamic relationships with each other. It gives the impression it wants to give and presents it in perfect manner, there could be no misinterpretations. 

And to add, this anime has no antagonist other than the very real issues of daily problems. Be it Leonhard's hate of studying, Bruno's insecurity of his intellect, Kai's inability to express himself, or Licht's ignorance of other's plights. Well, there are the occasional bad guys like bullies or greedy nobles but they are, as said, occasional.
Perhaps if they were to make a prequel from before Viktor became King, then perhaps that would fall under a more cliched plotline, but as of the current anime stands, it is merely a wholesome story about a friend helping a friend by teaching his children. 
The fact that Viktor and Heine had a history and the kids are princes add to the specifics.


I'm a little frustrated that I just found a stage play of Oushitsu Kyoushitsu by accident. I didn't expect it to have a stage play musical even though I really should've. Most animes do.
But I couldn't find a full link anywhere and was a little disappointed.
I also found that Game's Laplace also have a stage play and another Kuroshitsuji musical is out after the Campania episode from the anime movie.



What's more surprising to me is the actors of Oushitsu Kyoushitsu stage play are played by the characters' very own voice actors (seiyuu)! I was delighted ^^
The only celebrity I know who had played in a stage play AND involved in the anime is Matsushita Yuya in Kuroshitsuji as Sebastian and even then, he is a singer who sang the OSTs for the anime, not an actual seiyuu of the anime itself. It's super cool that the anime seiyuus play their characters on stage >3

Not to mention, the seiyuus also sang the ending song for the anime and made a PV of their own as their characters! It was awesome >3


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

26 and still alive. who knew?

Healing and re-healing and more fucking healing.

"Toukan Koukan" ; Exchange of equal value