Yours Truly - Paradise Fears







Dear Tomorrow,
I didn't know we'd walk that path, even as I knew the eventual ending of the route,
it seemed so effortless how we fit,
the puzzles we were never meant to be.

The pranks we pulled and the memes we shared,
all the puns and references nobody has ever been able to understand,
much less converse.
You fit in my world so well.

Dear my Someday,
I wish you all the best in life, 
all that you hoped to have and give achieved to your standard,
don't expect me to wait for you though, because I'm not that much of a masochist,
you do yours, 
and I'll do mine.

I won't wait around,
I won't chase anything I'm not supposed to,
I've always been lost and it's okay if you never find me.

I will keep writing though, because if I don't, I'll drive myself crazy,
till I'm out of words and back again,
same as always, I'll stare at this blank page,
knowing you'll never read them.

Dear my Never,
this is my half-hearted goodbye as I should've done from the beginning,
the other half wants to still try so I keep it locked tight,
from your words and promises.

So we must let go now, and go out on our own,
how I always knew it would be.
My one wish for you is that you find yourself, don't settle for less or for anyone else,
I hope that you be like the dreamer we both can be.

Dear Tomorrow,
please leave silently without a scratch,
I'll keep these memories where it's safe,
under labeled files "bittersweet".

Of all the things I've let go of,
and the way that I've grown up,
you're the one thing I'm sure of,
that I could never forget.

You gave me these beautiful laughter to reminisce on the bad days,
and you taught me that some things are better off without expectations,
so maybe we could settle the score,
because our roads are different like diverging chapters,
through all of these years I've never been happier in regards to my love.

Signed,
Yours Truly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

26 and still alive. who knew?

Healing and re-healing and more fucking healing.

"Toukan Koukan" ; Exchange of equal value