Lost pink for best swim

Yesterday we (me with three classmates) went to SK Slim Village (where Bro teach) for a project observation for a subject. Of course, we cleared out the formalities between the faculty and the school parties beforehand. We rented out a car for half a day with a fairly reasonable price and went off our way with the help of a navigational app.

I have my agenda for suggesting the school in the first place, naturally, that is to pop-in and see Sis for a short while. The rest didn't seem to mind, taking my connection with a willing candidate a plus, if anything else. If they minded, they didn't show.

In the middle of a class activity
It was fun, and our observation went smoothly. I daresay to expect the end result to be well -if not slightly tilted- done. Though that is yet to be judged by the lecturer lol
We finished by the end of the class, and gave our respects and thank-gift by the office before leaving for Sis's house (I'm not sure if the term 'my second home' still applies...).

Team-bonding at its finest lol
My groupmates were very excited to have it end, having planned to catch a swim by the Bil River just an hour and couple minutes drive up from the house. Sis has yet to bring me there so I didn't quite know what they were expecting (two of my groupmates has studied there in Tg.Malim for their diploma so they're already familiar with the region).

I was very happy to see Sis again though, and felt like my petty sighs and complaints over the weeks about the classes became insignificant. The ones I'm doing spectacularly bad at and the ones I find such a bore and the ones I have little interest in following and so on.
I suppose looking at a loved face have that effect.
Everything felt...light.

We changed into casual shirts and pants (me borrowing one from her house - the shirt is mine though no matter what she says) and left for the ever-exciting river. My excitement escalated when we turned out to be the only human beings around as we arrived to a secluded spot where Sis directed us to. Not to mention it's been a long time since I gazed upon the beauty of green lush mother nature in its untainted form.
Stripping away my sneakers and bag, I skipped to take in the scenery.
I felt giddy as a child on Christmas Eve morning.

I'm the one in the blue and grey shirt, holding my arms up in defense against the onslaught of unfair gang-up.
We took many silly photos and spent an hour until we had several other people starting to come in. I had so much fun swimming in the cold water, diving in relentlessly and looking for small fish between the rocks. The current were hella strong and we had to keep in mind as to not get swept away. I imagine the end result of getting any part of your body smashed at the rocks wouldn't be very pleasant.
Mother nature DO have her quirky side.

As I was having the time of my life swimming around and looking at fish under the rock like a child, my pink inner headscarf slipped off of my head and was quickly swallowed by the current. It was futile to chase it in case I slipped and bonked my head, so I gave it up in a playful sacrifice to the river. Take it as a memento of our time here, something like that lol
The river is really beautiful.
One of my groupmates finally have that swimming lesson she wanted me to teach. Haha

After finally having our fill of the river, we changed back into our earlier clothes and left with a satisfied heart. Well, for me, at least. Can't speak for the rest, I'm afraid.

The rest of the day went quite long so I shan't ramble on. The swim was the highlight of the adventure for me, aside from seeing Sis. After all, I'm a water-oriented person at best, and I grew up in a water-oriented childhood. It's not like PALAM has got any gender-separated closed pool or something and I haven't been to a freshwater place for a long time. Swimming is my next favorite hobby after reading.
This is at the UPSI bridge they dragged me to on our way back to PALAM. Apparently they wanted to reminisce back their golden days here. I was just tired from swimming and went along.
Thank you for the best swim I've had (and probably ever going to have) this semester (yet), Bil River. Losing my pink inner headscarf is worth it. ^^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

26 and still alive. who knew?

Healing and re-healing and more fucking healing.

"Toukan Koukan" ; Exchange of equal value