Choice Types (study week break)

With Finals one week apart, this term is edging on to its end. Half of the students are going back home even when it's only 4-5 days of break, not accounting the nearly a day's worth trip for the far away people such as myself.
With the ticket in my hand, the choice was made for me anyways.

Speaking of choices....
I noticed these talks of matchmaking me with a human supposedly "worthy" of my personality (screw that, more like, my time) which most of them comes from one annoying classmate who's too loud and too annoying for her own good.
As if there is nothing else to talk about. *scoff*


I try to avoid being in her vicinity for the sake of my personal space but generally, fate hates me thus some of my group works includes her. Which means outside class meet-ups for group discussions. Which means talking. Which means annoying. only with her, though.

Recently, a couple of nights ago, she opens up the topic of past lovers. (God, why)
She asked me of Thomas, unknowing that we've broken up since last June. Though it wasn't necessarily her fault, I resented it. The chance she took to dig up the wounds.
They asked me if I cried, losing him.

What was I supposed to answer?
I didn't.

She asked me if the reason I loved him was because he was a foreigner.
How shallow does she think I am?
Insulting.

He was himself.
He was a person.
He laughed, and joked, and fumbled, and got depressed, and got angry, and apologetic, and got hurt, and scared, and everything else.
The reason I loved him was because he made me happy.
That's it.

Silence fell over the conversation and she awkwardly tried to fill it up, giving me names and types of guys she'd think would suit me. I just wanted to finish the work and go back to my own room. And on my way back, I hated how the conversation stayed in my mind.
Damn it.

Since then, she keeps dropping hints of types of guys that she thought would "suit" me. Soft-hearted guys, cowardly guys, buff and muscley guys, brainy guys, blah blah blah blah.
I tune out her voice the second I could, to be honest.


I made a mental note to change groups next term, just to get away. From her, specifically, but also for a change of breath. These people are too annoying for my taste, with the exception of a few tolerable individuals. I hope the other group would be a bit quieter.
And some of them may at least have common sense and tact.

I don't really care what type of a person my significant other is.
"Bad boys", "nerds", "buff", and whatever else.
All I ever wanted was someone who'd make me happy.
Because if you had that, wouldn't it be easier to tolerate the rest of them?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

26 and still alive. who knew?

Healing and re-healing and more fucking healing.

"Toukan Koukan" ; Exchange of equal value