Simple Things Make Me Smile

I knew I could never get away from that particular memory.I've learned to accept it as it is yet at times,it still haunts me when I am most unguarded.

I didn't think I could remember as clear as it used to be and I don't.Instead of remembering the feeling of being the victim,it felt more like I became the third person and watched the memory replays itself.
Much like the Pensieve,I would say.

I don't remember the touches and slides of hands on my skin anymore,but now I remember it as a witness.Like I stood at the edge of the bed and watched the past me struggle.
The leftover fear and shame bit the edges of my heart and I wanted to curl into myself and cry.I'd wanted to hold myself from breaking all over again.

I'd wanted to drown in the dark,to feel numb.
To feel nothing.

I couldn't imagine if more had happened.
If I had not resisted,would they have stopped? Would she have realized that something was wrong? Would someone heard my pleas?
Or would my virtue be lost forever?


I didn't know.
I didn't know what it was,until 4 years passed and the bricks fell down.I understood it then,that it was not normal.That I had been violated.
It brought back so many things.

I made a lot of personal records,none of them official because I trusted no one.If I had blabbed,I would've been sent to a psychiatrist.I would've been psycho-analyzed.
I don't need a stranger fumbling around in my head.It's already a messed up place as it is.

I can do that on my own.
I can free myself.
I can save myself.

But sometimes,it gripes when I open up my layers to share my scars.
The scars that never fade.

I was depressed.
But sometimes,the simplest of things make me smile.
It was just a small gesture,unknown and unregistered by the owner,but it made me smile nevertheless.I smiled,and it all floated away.

My day is bright again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

26 and still alive. who knew?

Healing and re-healing and more fucking healing.

"Toukan Koukan" ; Exchange of equal value