Is it fun figuring out people’s puzzles?

I couldn’t say. Not that I’ve never did that before, figuring people out, but I’m not one to persist should I encounter a hard one. I’m the go-flow type. Not the crack-it-till-it-break type.

Why all of a sudden, you ask?

Well, it comes to me in a sudden thought –as most my thoughts do- that people around me treats me like a puzzle to crack. For men, it’s not uncommon because women in general are already a puzzle for them. For women, on the other hand… They usually look at me like I’m an abomination to their sex (which, hello, I’m a female too *rolls eyes*) and some make it their life’s goal to figure me out, that is, in other words, annoy the shit outta me.

They counter by pointing out that I do that too. Figuring people out. Well, excuse me if your existence is marginally obvious like it’s stamped on your forehead.
 I tell things as it is.

I don’t stick around and jotting their behaviour like a guinea pig.
That’s an euphemism by the way.

Of course it’s a-ok if the person you’re trying to figure out gives you their consent on being a guinea pig. But somehow, so far none of these people have ever tried asking for MY consent on whether or not it’s okay for them to stick their noses in my personal bubble.

I don’t hate it all the time, though. It does has its perks, having someone that focuses on your person.

For example, they can tell your emotions. Seeing that they observe you most of the time, they learn to differentiate when you’re upset, uncomfortable, content, happy, sad, frustrated, disappointed, and others. 
If they’re getting good at it, they can even differentiate your tone. 
Like, “You’re an idiot.” , “You’re an idiot.”, “You’re an idiot.” 

The first one held no heat. A statement simply said to convey your fondness of their idiocy. Even more so if accompanied by a smile or a playful roll of the eyes.

The second one signals an impending frustration. Meaning that you think they are stupid for not getting your point and they’re getting on your nerves. If they know what’s good for them, they’d shut up and listen.

The last one implies that you’re riling them up for a fight. Basically, you just want a good punch-bag. So you insult them. There’s no fun beating a helpless person. You’d want them to fight back. You’d want a good fight.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

26 and still alive. who knew?

Healing and re-healing and more fucking healing.

"Toukan Koukan" ; Exchange of equal value