Flowers for Algernon ; Daniel Keyes

It's a novel for Language & Drama and one thing I'm sure, it's deep.
It's close to most of the stuff I usually read at home -regards of the crap-shit of society and views of the world in many different eyes and all.

I frown and sneer a lot when I read it. Especially after Charlie got smart. In a way, it wasn't wrong that he wanted to fit in, wanted to understand, for once in his life, but the attitude he picked up after it was, in a word, disagreeable.


His logic was no less of a crap than the normal people out there.
Yes, intelligence is admirable, but it doesn't change your status as a human being.
Dumb, smart, genius, moron, evil, good, neutral, we're all human.

Just because someone's not smart, doesn't mean he's bad.
And just because someone's smarter than average, doesn't mean he's a saint.
We're allowed to have opinions, but careful to never judge because we are not in any place to do so. We are fellow humans, and who are we to judge each other of the same species?

The book was full of stereotypes and the obvious rules and laws of the fucking society and I hate it I fucking hate it I despise the load of BS in it.
The stereotypes that is. Not the book.

Everyone has a past behind them that made them who they are as you meet them. Never assume and judge. That's the two worst thing to do to a fellow human.
Even as their personality or attitude is unpleasant or downright rude or annoying or irritable, keep it to yourself. Yeah you could whine or fume or whatever the shit you do to let loose since we're, y'know, humans, with 'emotions' and whatnot but at least have some common sense or decency for others just as well.

I swear common sense nowadays have become such a rarity that it'd become a superpower to anyone who has it. And it'd be perfectly LEGIT too.

I find myself getting upset throughout the first and second part of the book, right when Charlie was starting to understand a lot of things that happened to him. I can't help myself, being that my hormones are neither quite helpful in the moment.

A lot of us lost our innocence at some point in our life.

I resent that Charlie was looking forward to lose his while mine was taken away from me. It's so sad when a child loses his/her innocence that only a child could possess. Average person loses it when they reach puberty, right around when teenagerdom strikes.
I had never wanted to grow up.

Before what happened, I was lost in my happiness.
My little bubble of peaceful world, with my daughter and Azwa.
I wanted nothing else but them by my side.
I dreamed of nothing else but a life with them, full of laughter and serenity.
I cared nothing long as they were there for me.
Until that night.


Wariness.
Shame.
Exhaustion.
Fear.
Other things I shouldn't -couldn't- mention.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

26 and still alive. who knew?

Healing and re-healing and more fucking healing.

"Toukan Koukan" ; Exchange of equal value