Memoirs of An Imaginary Friend (spoiler alert!!)

I finished Memoirs of An Imaginary Friend last night. I admit when the ending was near, my heart was racing and the suspense was thick in the air. And neither am I ashamed to admit that a few tears slipped during the end.


Budo is a great friend, the greatest one could have. 
Though I knew that somehow he'd disappear -as all imaginary friends do when their person didn't need them anymore- it's nice to see that he was no longer afraid of where he'll end up after. (spoiler : Dee!!)

Max reminds me of Sheldon. Minus the genius part.
He sounds like one of those special kids that needed special attention but really hates them. At least he's not a narcissist. Yet.

Speaking of imaginary friends, I wonder whether Budo really is an imaginary friend. There're a lot of cases in which children thinks their imaginary friends are imaginary but really, they are those things of which adults could not see.
It's no surprise that children can see those things. I think it's because their innocent eyes are not yet veiled with reality, if I remember correctly what Dad told me years ago when my brother was born.
Children befriend these things, and most of the times, it brings them more harm than good. Depending on the situation, the result could be in the nearest or further future. For instance, the story of Little Pink Backpack.

And since Budo went where Dee went.... well, it pops some questions.

But still, it's a great book. 
I was greatly relieved I chose this one.


Wait till I go the next BBW at Mines this weekend!! xDD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

26 and still alive. who knew?

Healing and re-healing and more fucking healing.

"Toukan Koukan" ; Exchange of equal value