Reasons Why Holidays Shouldn't Be During Flood Season

The last 48 hours would probably be my most remembered experience according to the Things That Happened When Coming Back Home file. Yes, I put caps lock on my files' titles. So I'm a freak like that, don't like it, ye can kiss my bumhole where the sun doesn't freakin shine.

Everything was fine until my train stopped moving at 9 a.m at Dabong, Kuala Krai and never moved till the next morning at 2 a.m.

I caught a fever the first night on the train because I ran about in the rain at the college, drawing out money and catching a cab by hand because the cab on my contact numbers were too far to reach. 

At first I though, oh what the hell, I'd be fine soon as I got home, but then we got stranded and my fever got worse and my head pounds and pounds and pounds like some freakin african drumbeat and all things shot down to hell after that.

Not to mention my phone died out of zero battery and the train got no place to charge the damn thing and can you imagine being stranded on a freakin train without a way to contact your family? And when you're not at your best too.
Then a group of obnoxiously loud teenagers lumped at the bunks around me and my head was pounding like hell and I was this close to yell at them to "fuck off so I could writhe in pain in peace."

There were three soil erosions that blocked the train's railway causing us to be stranded where we were. And even after the railway was cleared, the flood was raising to dangerous level making it all the more impossible for the train to move.
We waited and waited and waited.

When the night rolled in, I was going half mad.

Having nothing to do, I finished Stuart McBride's Close To The Bone and halfway through Jamie McGuire's Beautiful Disaster.
Come 2 a.m, the train personnel woke us up saying that the buses had arrived. By then, I was grumbling curses under my breath and my fever weren't helping.
I really tried staying patient throughout the whole thing but I'm no saint, really.

I was ready to sing praises when I recognized the familiar scenery that is my hometown eventhough it was bloody 4 a.m in the bloody morning.
Ready to cry of relief when the cab dropped me off in front of the gate to my home. It was raining but I don't give a shit anymore. I'm having a fever anyway, what's more rain gonna do?

 After spending 48 undeserving hours stranded on a train and being rained down heavily with a fever and a headache strong enough to blur my eyesight, climbing over the gate was an easy task. Plus, I've been doing it since I was a kid.


When Dad and Onee-san let me in, I was ready to sob with gratefulness.

Worst 48 hours of my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

26 and still alive. who knew?

Healing and re-healing and more fucking healing.

"Toukan Koukan" ; Exchange of equal value