Take a Bullet

I don't understand the concept of "I'd take a bullet for you."
Odd ice-breaker, I know, but often spontaneous thoughts elicit the most interesting reactions from some people. More often than not, I find myself answering my own questions in a lengthy conversation with myself. In my head.
Sounds nuts, but believe it or not, these days, a lot of people can relate.

Back to the point.
I get that the phrase is used as a show of devotion of sorts, sometimes metaphorically and sometimes (though unlikely in a civillian life) literally. But still.
I mean, why would you think your partner would be happy to know that you'd die for them and leave that sort of burden on their conscience? Wouldn't it be more prudent (and more meaningful I'd say) to say "I'd let you eat my portion of fries"? Plus you won't likely to die afterwards, leaving your partner in anguish and sorrow.

me too, bud.
Are people supposed to feel flattered to know that their partners would die for them?
That death is the limit of their devotion to each other?

A part of my mind says, 
"That's irrational. Death comes in any way as it should. What does it have to do with devotion? If you were destined to die by a bullet through the heart or head, why bother putting the weight of your death on someone else?" 
and another part goes, "Don't be daft. It's the aesthetics of it, see? The thought that you'd put another person's life before you is considered noble. It speaks that you'd rather let yourself hurt than them. That's devotion." and they just fight back and forth like that.
I guess it shows just how much I've been watching SPN. LOL

If the occasion rises, of course I'd take a bullet for the ones I love myself.
But that's a huge IF.
The situation would be highly improbable. 

Though I think better shoot the bastard instead. Everybody's happy.
Like John did for Sherlock.
Martin Freeman "John" and Benedict Cumberbatch "Sherlock" obviously. Yes, I recently just watched the series. A modern days Sherlock Holmes. It was brilliant. Though I had to roll my eyes at the queerbaiting. It's so annoying when they do that. 
Like dangling carrots in front of horses. *roll eyes*

I'm wading through Season 5 at the moment, right when Cas was beginning to fall and Dean began to unconsciously feel for the blue-eyed angel. The rest of the seasons will hurt like bitch, I know. Gotta keep my heads up to avoid drowning in tears and feels.
Funnily enough, when I say marathoning, I mean it like 4-5 episodes every night. 
I do have chores to finish and other things to do, you know.

Which reminds me, I have been taking short walks lately as a form of relaxing.
It's nothing big or fancy. Just strap a hoodie and flip-flops and move my feet where they want to go. Normally I just roam around the neighbourhood, not quite a stretch.
I was surprised Mia practically bounced her heels off trying to follow me. I didn't think walks were her stuff but then again, she's 6 years old.
Must be dying to get outta house with a company every now and then. xd

I don't mind.
I quite enjoy it, actually.
Walking around aimlessly with her small hand in mine, it's more therapeutic than I'd thought. She likes it when I point out animals and plants to her and her responses often make me laugh. I think these are what people call "quality bonding time".




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

26 and still alive. who knew?

Healing and re-healing and more fucking healing.

"Toukan Koukan" ; Exchange of equal value