Lesson Learned : No More Death Wishes

Hey, uh, so. *clears throat*
No more death wishes. Apparently the universe has ways to grant those. Like pinching your butt in a reproachful manner. I should scrawl this on my hand like Harry Potter had his "I must not tell lies" brand. Not like a tattoo 'cause I can't do that. 
More like, magically carved into the skin with pure imagination. 
Yes, I am aware it sounds crazier than usual.  

First of all, I should start with my medical history.
I have low blood pressure. No biggie.
By definition, it means that my heart is too weak to pump the blood fast enough through my veins so whenever I move too fast, I'd experience momentary blindness and lost sense of my body coordination because of lack of blood flowing to my brain.
Keeping up?
Okay.

Now this ain't nothing new to me. I'm practically used to it and so far, someone was always there to prevent me from falling head first to the ground therefore preventing any major damage. I didn't think much of it, chucking it up to luck.
Until yesterday, that is.

First damage ever done, and it was in front of my parents and aunt and uncle.
*roll eyes* Grand entrance indeed. 

Yesterday, we went to Bachok to visit my aunt who had just given birth to her 6th child -she was so so tiny my mind just keep reeling in the words "miniature human baby" over and over again like a broken record- while simultaneously sending my brother back to his hostel. They just moved in to their new house and it was very spacious and beautiful.
There was nothing suspicious or weird.

Until I fainted and hit my head hard on the cold marble tiles.

Last thing I remembered was sitting on the floor drinking iced tea and handing a glass over to Mom when a sharp pain seared the side of my head and everything pops black like someone just shut off the TV screen. I felt nothing else after that.

There was only blackness. I looked around (in my subconscious). 
Nope. Nothing. Just blackness.

After a while, I heard Mom's voice calling me. And then a godawful ringing sound deafened my ears and then the pain rushed in like a broken ginormous dam holding out the Nile river. I found my eyes and blinked them open, despite all the ringing and pain.
Mom's face cleared into view, looking down at me with her eyebrows crunched and furrowed. Dad came on by my side, my uncle behind him. Their mouths are moving but I only hear garbled sounds. Like a cat is being strangled.
Mom's voice rang clear though.

Belatedly, I realized the warm hand holding the back of my head. I'm lying on her lap.
Wow. This brings back memories.

(When I was five or something, I had fell over the laundry sticks and if Dad hadn't made a heroic rescue, I would've cracked my head clean open on the tar floor. Mom had my head in her lap all day long, massaging my swirling and ringing temples.)

"Whoa. W-what hppennedd??" I slurred. 
Eyes looking around at the concerned faces of the adults around me.
I tried to sit up but Mom pushed me back. I complied. OUCH the side of my head hurt like a bitch. I pressed the area gingerly. I must've fallen on my right side, cramming my glasses to my face and the frame narrowly missed my eye. My eyebrow was bleeding.
I looked at my glasses.
The right lens is cracked.

Aw man. I just got these.

My uncle and aunt were all "you watch too much TV, play too much laptop, spent so much time on your phone that's why it's happened" and I just chuckled non-commitally.
Mom and Dad grilled me on how many times has this happened.
Honestly? The falling, few times a year. Cracking my head on the floor, first time.
And I must say, it is no fun at all.
both the falling and cracking your head open on the floor.

I sat up and acted normal. Well, as normal as you can act after fainting outta blue and slammed head first on the ground. My head throbbed painfully and the right side of my head stings and pulses. We said our goodbyes and went to send my brother.

After sending my brother, I asked for a packet of ice and we stopped at some shop to get me one. I pressed the ice to the right side of my head until I fell asleep.

When we got home, I bathed, dressed in my nightie and laid forlornly on the bed as I stared ahead to the ceiling, having dabbed some ointment on the scratch on my eyebrow.
I read The Zahir by Paulo Coelho but deciding I should go to sleep.
I've had enough excitement (and pain) for the day.

Next day, I woke up to a bruised and swollen right eye the size of a ping-pong ball.
My eyelids are gone and I look like someone took a mighty right hand to my eye.
Well, at least my head doesn't hurt anymore.

Mom's not worried. She herself had low blood pressure so she knows how I feel.
Dad on the other hand, is talking about dragging my ass to the hospital to check for brain damage. Which, in retrospect a wise thing to do since I DID cracked my head hard on the ground but c'mon. It ain't that bad, really.

(I shouldn't have mentioned about how fainting was a normal occurence -despite this being the first time nobody was close enough to catch me. It didn't help, obviously.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

26 and still alive. who knew?

Healing and re-healing and more fucking healing.

"Toukan Koukan" ; Exchange of equal value