Cases of Bullying : Should've been a Red Flag to Defective Society

Topic : Bullying.
In my opinion, a major anomaly yet being treated as "normal" in our society shows how much of a defective society we are. Who are we to judge someone a 'freak'? God? Saint?
But this fact is lost to children.

Bullies in highschool or workplace can be rationalized, because the mind is capable of words. Middle or primary school, however, should be prevented from the beginning.

Just like in Kazoku Game.

Sis recommended me a Korean drama called Who Are You : School 2015. It's about sisterhood and stuff but I'm only 6 eps deep and all I see is various cases of bullying. Highchool and adult world aside, children who bullies are children either shrieking help of abuse or shrieking the ways they are taught. 
If this was 10 years or 5 years ago, I wouldn't have thought from the bullies POV.
Because my priorities were small, and my bullshit tolerance even smaller.

I've never been bullied my whole life. I stand up for myself, and I take no bullshit from anyone other than my teachers and parents. If it was wrong, I'd say it.
But I was sort of a bully when I was little. Nothing major, of course. Basic revenge plot. Mostly boys who lifted my skirt or disturbed my sketchbooks. I was tall enough to raise them off their feet and strong enough to chuck hard cover books at their heads.

I never made anyone cry, and if I did, I made sure they deserve it. I've taken on bullies myself. No one dared mess with me, and if they messed with my friends, they got the same thing coming for them. I never knew anyone in my primary school who was bullied, but there was plenty to go on in highschool.

When I got sexts from an unknown number, I had merely deleted them and blocked them. When they called me at 6 a.m in the morning, it was the last straw.
Never say I wasn't patient. There is a line and they crossed it, simple as that.
I texted them a big red YOU GOT A FUCKING DEATHWISH YOU MOTHERFUCKING SONOFABITCH? TEXT ME AGAIN AND WE'LL FIND OUT and that was the end of it.

I don't know what made bullies bully. But they shouldn't press their problems at someone else. For children, this is where smart and responsible adults come through. Then again, we don't have that much in nowadays world, don't we?

In highschool, you have to stand up for yourself. Even if it meant standing alone. 
That will earn you true friendship, because anyone with a right mind can admire strength.
If you're going down, might as well going down swinging.

My style is more, if I go down, I'm taking you with me.
Sam Winchester style.

From teacher's POV, if the victim says nothing, there is little else they can do within their power. So should all alternatives fail, last resort would be to take it into your own hands. Some would try to make friends with their bully. 
If it works, I applaud. Very noble.

Some would, like me, face them front to front, and settle it once and for all.
Not quite noble and more tying up loose ends than not, but it gets the problem out of your hair. The bully might switch to someone else, and a whole 'nother problem arises.

Children needs to learn that it's alright to voice out their troubles. 
Adults need to grow a pair of balls to go through the troubles.


If you had a child, and your child turns out to be the big bad bully at school, what would you have done? Spank them? Take away their toys? Punish them?
If your child turns out to have no sense of what is wrong, and what is right, then the problem is you. Not your child.

And what happens when your child is the victim of bullying at school? Punish them? Drag them away? Make them run? Tell them to face it alone? What?

It's so upsetting, that bullying is regarded 'normal' in our world.
A disgrace to humanity.


(While I'm not one to talk because I keep my secrets (read: mental health) from my parents, I will make that up by going to regular therapy once I can afford them. Scouts' Honor.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

26 and still alive. who knew?

Healing and re-healing and more fucking healing.

"Toukan Koukan" ; Exchange of equal value