A Writer's Heart

Some people have trouble writing from their heart. 
During school, this is an advantage, or so what I learned from it.

I've never gotten the hang of that stuff up till now.

Truth be told, I was never a good writer in school. I couldn't get the points I wanted because I needed to adhere to the Ministry's standard. I couldn't use the words to correctly tell my opinions and feelings because in academic writing, emotions are considered banal. They used the word, "bias".
Often times, I had to get additional lessons from the teacher so that I'd write according to the legalized standard of each and each school. I was told that I am writing for an exam. 
Not for my diary.

Well, duh.
You don't see me cursing like a sailor on steroids in an exam paper.
The mildest I went was "heck".
I even changed "ass" to "butt". (oops, SPN reference. it just happened! xD)
That's downright innocent.

Other kids needed lessons to write less like robots.
I had to be taught to write less like humans.
Others needed to learn how to find words.
I needed to learn to stop writing mine.

On every exam, I always choose the story option. People would think I'm childish or dumb because I choose not to spout facts that thousand of other kids would repeat. Well screw them.
Story is better. You know why?

Because every story is unique.
Every student writes their own version of how one line turns into an adventure.
Every story, holds another story.

In my school years, I've written every genre of story there is in every exam I've sat. A love story, a heartbreak, a death, a mystery, a thriller, a domestic, a fluff, an action, and so on. For every line of sentence they gave me, I've spun them into my own various fiction. And I loved it. I adored it.
My wrist would hurt after every paper, and my sweat (I have sweaty palms) would seep into them.
But I would go out of the exam hall with my heart satisfied.
Every paragraph holds a string of my heart, and a knot of bow on the ending.

I continuously had to stop myself from pouring my heart into my pen.
It's torture.

Having to be told that I need to write from the heart was ironic, to say the least, when I have been told to reign in my heart from bleeding into my pen for so long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

26 and still alive. who knew?

Healing and re-healing and more fucking healing.

"Toukan Koukan" ; Exchange of equal value