Winchester-level of Codependency

It's been 2 days since we dumped Sis off at Tanjung Malim, Slim River, Perak where she'll start her new job as a full-fledged teacher. When we went to send her off, we think she hit the jackpot pretty good. The school is small, with 30 students in sum meaning no more than 10 kids per class and 9 teachers. She got a temporary room with a roommate at the teacher's quarters and has already found a place to move out when it's time.
So far, everything seems to be working out fine.

Or so I thought.

Sure, Sis had voiced out her fears of being alone despite managing her first few weeks okay during her time at the IPG but I thought that since she managed to gather up acquaintances pretty well there, she'd have no problem doing it again.
I think I gathered the wrong memories.

This isn't like the IPG, it's like Kolej Matrikulasi Pahang.

I remember she spent almost a year at that place, and if memory serves me right, it was her most miserable moments of her life. She hated that place with a vengeance fit to overthrow a kingdom.

When she texted me, trying her best to persuade me to go over and stay with her, my first reaction was amused because dude, talk about Winchester-level of codependency. And I swear I'm not exaggerating anything. Like, total factual shit here.
Though to be honest, it's not really news, is it.


It's not that we have no regards towards privacy because believe me, being sisters means ALL the privacy you can get. Just the right amount and place. 
It also means ALL the trust you can get from each other. Faith. Protection.
This is what siblinghood means.

Because trust me, I've never heard of any sisters above their twenties sharing a single bed like it's something totally normal and healthy.
When I say single, I meant the one-person single cot-like bed, ya get me?
And I don't mind it, at all. To me, that's normal.

In this Winchester-level of codependency, I've always known that I'm Sam. Not because he and I are both the younger siblings, but because we're both good at what needs to be done even if it kills a little bit of ourselves. Sis has always been Dean, putting on layers and layers and layers of invincible protection till they can barely see themselves in the mirror.

I know for a fact that we'd kill for each other. 
That we know if we had each other, we won't need anybody else.
It goes unspoken, yet true and real as the color of our blood.

Ever since we talked about getting our own place, the world seemed lighter. Brighter.
We dreamed a perfect space for us, just us. 
Our domesticity synchronized as only deep-seated instinct can do, and a closeness only we can imbibe. Sure, cats and pet guppies are included, but that's a whole 'nother talk there.

Yes, we love our baby brother and sister and we love our parents and our bestfriends, but sis and I, we have this. This Winchester-level of codependency.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

26 and still alive. who knew?

Healing and re-healing and more fucking healing.

"Toukan Koukan" ; Exchange of equal value