Home Again, With Sis.

Yello.

It's been 3 days since I got home safe n square with Sis and bro. And before any of y'all scream in shock and pass out unconscious, I decided to go with "bro" in according to Sis's husband because it's vague enough to be used in a strange-public situation and good enough not to raise suspicion in others of my opinions about him. I could've gone with "dude" or something but I have a feeling a lotta ppl wouldn't approve.
Not that I give a shit but just to save Sis some grievance.

On 30th June, Sis and him picked me up at college where we opened fast in a seafood restaurant with my name on it. Literally, like, the restaurant's name was 'Husna's Seafood restaurant', no joke. I snorted a laugh when I noticed the sign. After eating, Sis had a gastric attack which led me to nearly combust inside-out in silence, internally panicking because as far as I know, she's never had a gastric attack in her whole life.
Instead, I watched their interaction, as opportunities show.

I see his panic reflected along her pain. I see her easy comfort to hang onto him for support. And that was all I needed. That's enough for me.

Because so long as Sis feels like she can reach out, for anything and everything, and to have someone who prioritizes her as I do, then I'm satisfied.

There are 4 things I hold to myself in life. My religion, my parents, my sister, and my bestfriends. Sis doesn't include in the general family spot. She has her own seat.

I'm not saying we'll be buddy buddy in no time. I'm saying I'm open to an ice-breaking session. Right now, I'll say he's no more a stranger, and more like an acquaintance. It's not impossible to be friends, maybe even good friends, if we're being glass half-full. What I'm getting at is, the hardest part is over. Consider him introduced.

I won't give him the shovel talk yet, since they aren't far along the trope. There's a right time and place for everything. The next day, after we got back to Sis's house and he had gone to pray Jumaat, Sis and I had a real talk. Hashed all the shit out and she was surprised when I voiced my thoughts of yesterday to her. Honestly, all I needed is proof that she is willing and content and the guy at least gives a shit about her. Whether or not he and I go along in the future, I'd handle that myself, no need to worry her head about it.

When she hugged me, it felt like all the imaginary arguments that has been keeping me up for the past few weeks had melted into nothingness and everything is all right in my world again. That she still trusts me, and no trust between either side has been compromised at all. Just a big hulla-balloo of a whoopdidoo.

Right. Enough about that. Now about my future plan! Which consist only one : get a job.

Sounds easy, yeah? No, not really. I've never had a part-time job before, and I've never gone out on a job hunt in my 20 years-old life either. I figured I need the experience and the additional merit never hurts anyone. Though Eid is coming along, and I'm not sure if starting a job so close to a big holiday season is wise. I'll try and have a look around the nearby shops, I guess, for starters. 

Now that all is settled, home feels like home again.
And I am content.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

26 and still alive. who knew?

Healing and re-healing and more fucking healing.

"Toukan Koukan" ; Exchange of equal value