Stupid is Unlimited

I had a nice, if slightly solemn, evening. 

Personally, it's not that I don't touch on the worldwide issues for ignorant reasons, I am aware of them as far as social media deems it to be, and I have my opinions of them, but I am not quite willing to cite any arguments regarding them because a lot of people know that stupid people talks a lot of shit.
And arguments are one way of inviting stupid to crash the party, eventhough you're having a completely intelligent and harmonious conversation with people of your own intellect.

Huge things like phobias and murder and impending genocide, I mean.
Let's take one that affects us, say, Islamophobia. That's trending right now, right? Well, it's actually been trending for a long time, it's just that evil people likes to freshen it up once it dies down like old gossips. Now, I say "evil" because everybody has that one side of them that's a 'bit not good'. The proverbial yellow and blue box kinda thing, yknow?
Well, everybody human, at least.
I can't speak for the aliens and mythical creatures.
They probably look at us in our waddles of poops and laugh at our imminent idiocy. 
By "probably" I mean "most definitely".

What brought this on? 
Oh, I was just scrolling on YouTube for no reason and came across this channel called ComeToTruth. The vids aren't very lengthy and it sorta gives me the sense of being in Fardhu-A'in class again in primary school, listening to the 'ustazah' or 'ustaz''s stories. 

Reading the comments in their vids gets my gear thinking, all of the hate comments are mostly insults (poorly ones at that, even I was embarrassed at the poor quality of it) and/or accompanied by wrong facts fed by extremists (I was also embarrassed at the poorly made arguments and wrongly made assumptions but sorta wanna laugh a little bit at their arrogant ignorance of stupidity).



My opinions?
They're speaking with fear. Out of stupidity, yes, yet laced with fear.
What do they fear? Us? Our faith? Our loyalty?
I think, they fear the unknown. Isn't that what's everyone afraid of?
We fear death, for we have never known him. Some soldiers, for instance, do not, for they have seen him, whether intimately or by-passing. 

And I think, I have a suggestion for a solution.
If we fear the unknown, well then, to dispel that fear is to learn about it.
Knowledge is miraculous, everybody agrees.

These people spreads hate on Islam and its followers without any knowledge of what Islam really is. They have no experience, no practice, no research to back up their poorly made thoughts. Only accompanied by the mistakes of humanity. Would they think the same after having knowledge (complete with experience, practice, and research) of Islam? 

From my experience, if you are in fear of something, you should learn it so you would be knowledgeable in battling it. Or accepting it, whichever the case may be.
I lived in fear of my repeated nightmares, replaying the night of my sexual harassment over and over and over like a broken tape. I grew to fear sleep. I grew to fear touch.
I kept it all inside, confused, unsure if whatever is happening to me has a name.
I stashed it all to teenage-issues.
How was I suppose to know it wasn't normal?

When my lecturer finally (accidentally) described PTSD in class, that moment of 'eureka' never left me till now. That "OH" moment, yknow? 
My second thought was "Huh, so it does have a name after all."
Once I knew it has a name, I set to work.
I spent days, weeks, in the IN-TEC library, piles of psychological books by my side. I learn this name intimately, the symptoms, the causes, the effects, the solutions.
I learned it all.



And I set my healing progress to begin.
Amelia knows this, of course. She is my witness, my spectator, my partner. After all, healing is one step forward, two steps back. She never gave up on me, even now. 
I owe her my life.

I think, that could work the same with Islamophobia. Besides, "phobia" is literally another name for "fear". If they fear Islam, then surely, one of the alternative ways to dispel it is to have them learn it. I say "learn", and not "join". Giving knowledge isn't about making people agree with you, it's about giving them awareness of the issue they wish to make a stand. For or against, is their own choice. 

Of course, whether or not they choose to learn is their own say. That's why intelligent people talks less and stupid people talks more.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

26 and still alive. who knew?

Healing and re-healing and more fucking healing.

"Toukan Koukan" ; Exchange of equal value