Best Bookalicious Bonds

I had the best time out with Sis and Bro and (unborn) nephew last 3 days. ^^
They picked me up at college on the afternoon of 7th and we went to Subang to check in to a budget hotel, not unlike the ones Sis and I stayed at when we went to Shah Alam for my degree interview at In-Tech. Sis wanted to check out the new Bookalicious store she followed on IG at the Summit Mall in Subang and naturally, I'd be tagging along because BOOKS! CAN NEVER GET ENOUGH OF BOOKS! Hehe x3

I really had fun during the whole time we were out and together, whether it's the crazy conversations in the car or trying to choose dinner on a weird named food on the menu.
I'm starting to like my big brother as well.

That's quite a big confession isn't it?

Nearly 6 months ago, I've only referred to him as "a stranger" or "the stranger" and then later, after the marriage and after sis and I made up, he was referred to as "her husband" or "bro-in-law" in a mildly detached manner. Only now, after they sent me back to college and I gave roomie the tupperware leftover from our breakfast at home, I realized that I've said to roomie, "my brother cooked the pizza" rather than "my brother in-law cooked the pizza".
Roomie had smiled and chuckled in that knowing way as she looked at me trying to unpack.

Big brother.
Huh.

I've never had one of those.

I noticed he was more outspoken to me too as I was to him and there was a more generally comfortable bubble when the three (four, counting nephew) of us are together than before, when, if sis had left us alone in a room, we wouldn't have spoken at all. 
Besides, it may have been that sis told me he liked memes and I thought people who liked memes can't possibly be bad. It's the general common law.

I'm the kind of person who'd take generally 6 months to acknowledge someone. Introduction is always easy but if they don't stick around or ain't gonna stick around, it's more likely they'll be forgotten the second I look away from their face.

After around 6 months, I'll probably then decide if I'll like this person or not.
It's perfectly statistical because I've got the records with every person I encountered in my life, not accounting the ones I've forgotten. Call me self-aware, but it is what it is.

Although, whether or not they amount to importance depends on types of events they're included in with my life. For now, I've decided I like him. Even gone as far as already considering him my big brother, and the only one at that 'cause unlikely I'll have any other, right?

It may not go both ways, since I'm not his only little sister and just a sister-in-law and me considering him a big brother may not even be taken a good or positive thing.
It's fine, because it's mundane.

I love sis.
And I have the best of times, always, when we're together.

I'm already in love with my nephew to-be, that's no surprise. We're already forever bros till the end because he high-fived me and when he's out I can tell him "dude you totally high-fived me when you were like, in the womb, so we're totally bros for life now, no backsies". I'm gonna be the best fucking aunt. Like, the coolest. x33

The trip has done wonders for me.
It felt awesome and all the stress from the finals felt non-existent.
Thanks for taking me out, Sis.

I love you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

26 and still alive. who knew?

Healing and re-healing and more fucking healing.

"Toukan Koukan" ; Exchange of equal value