Starless Night

Lately,I've been taking midday naps.Believe me,it was not premeditated.After Lone Wolf,I started re-reading all the thriller and horror books we owned.I suppose the feeling of survival counters loneliness.

The tears I shed last night sufficed.
For the loss of one friendship.One love.One friend.
I held onto her long enough.She is no longer within my grasp,therefore it is only right that I take a step back and blend into the shadows,before she met me.

I had a dream this afternoon.

I felt my eyes fluttered open and my sight was presented with pitch black darkness.I crouched and pressed my palm flat on the surface,to make sure I was standing upright and not the opposite.The soft feeling of trimmed grass tickled my palm.

I stretched my arms forward blindly,searching for guidance as I shuffled in the dark.I was wearing shoes,at least.

After a while,a faint luminescence glows around me,like that feeling when you walked out of a dark place into a glowing surrounding.

I squinted,to get my eyes adjusted to the change in light.As I regain my sight,I could see vast field that goes on and on back into the dark beyond.I was alone.

The breeze ruffled my hair and I looked up towards the sky.The faint glowing luminescence came from the beautiful full moon (Wolf Howl! lol) hanging directly over my head.I gasped.

The sky was bare.
Starless.


Empty save for the large bright moon illuminating the space around me.

I dropped to my knees and wailed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

26 and still alive. who knew?

Healing and re-healing and more fucking healing.

"Toukan Koukan" ; Exchange of equal value