You're Not Broken

"Hikaru. You told me you were getting better."

"I was. I am."

"You told me you'd fight."

"I did. Still am."

"Those cuts aren't old. The new ones are still bleeding on your arm. You forgot to clean the sink. You left the bandage open. You bought a new scissors."

"There's just been some bad news. I felt worthless again. But now I'm good. I'm okay, now. It's just a minor setback, Yuki. I'm still fighting. See? Two cuts lesser than before."

"Will you let me look at your arms?"

"Sure. Here. Careful with the blood, don't wanna ruin your shirt."

"....."

"I'm really sorry about the scissors though..After all the time we spent burying it."

"Hikaru. There're cuts on both of your arms."

"Huh? Oh. Hmm. Maybe since it's been so long, I was trying to make up for the lost time. It feels like the longer I take a break, the stronger the urge to feel better. Oof, don't frown, Yuki. I'm fine. You know I do this all the time."


"You promised me you'll fight, Hikaru. You broke your promise."

"Oh, Yuki.. I'm sorry.. I really did fight it, you know. It was either this or hiding in the basement under the box again, and I didn't want you to see that side of me anymore."

"I don't care, Hikaru. You know I don't care about whichever side of you. I want all of them. I care about all of them, okay? Your demons, monsters, nightmares, ghosts, I'll take it all. You know I will."

".........I'm sorry, Yuki...I really tried, but..I lost...I'm reaching my point, Yuki..I'm really tired.."

"I know, Hikaru, I know... Earlier..why did you say you were feeling worthless..?"

"Oh..just, the normal stuff outside..you know, feeling overshadowed and thinking that I'm not good enough..Silly me, I have you, don't I? hehe."

"Yeah..You have me. Always."

"hehe okay."

"Hikaru. You're not worthless, okay? You're everything to me, you know this. You're my everything, and I'm saying this at the definite risk of being freaking cliche and corny."

"Okay. Okay."

"Now promise me you'll come to me when you're feeling down, yeah? Pinky promise."

"Yeesh, Yuki. Fine. Pinky promise."

"Thank you. And Hikaru?"

"Hmm?"

"You're not broken."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

26 and still alive. who knew?

Healing and re-healing and more fucking healing.

"Toukan Koukan" ; Exchange of equal value